Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Fat Guy


My name is Eric. I am almost 30 years old. I am the fat guy. Big guy. "The one who likes to eat". For the most part, thats totally ok with me. I have always been a bigger guy.

That smokin' hot woman next to me is my wife Jess. She is one of the strongest and most patient women I have ever met. (She puts up with me). If you see the two of us walking down the street, I give other fat guys hope, and skinny guys question how much money I must make. Years of Simpsons, Family Guy, Kings of Queens, and many other pop-culure shows and movies taught me the "big goofy guy will have a smart beautiful (skinny) wife". Nailed it.

My intent is to take you on a journey of change. I am one month into a "new lifestyle" of eating better, working out, and setting goals. But lets be clear about the "why":
This isn't just about losing weight. Weight has never truly bothered me. I have never been the fat guy who wears the shirt into the pool. I have no shame. Any one of my friends will tell you.
This is about feeling better physically as well as mentally. This is about being able to wear stylish clothes at work without having them custom tailored, or hunting through a Big and Tall store. This is about (Mom, for the love of God, stop reading for the next two lines) having the strength and stamina to be a better lover in the bedroom.

But most important, it is about this:


Jess and I are seven months away from being parents. Excitement. Terror. Stress. Happiness. You name it, I am feeling it.

I want to be around for my kid. I want to be around when my kid has a kid. I have to do something to make sure that happens.

So join me in this journey. Fair warning: If you don't want a laugh, or dirty words offend you, this might not be the place for you)

Share your own stories with me. Follow my Instagram and Twitter feeds @COADFatGuy to see what I am eating, how my workouts are going,  and (hopefully) watch the results take shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment